AUD $2950 (INCLUDES 10% GST).
(Referred to hereon in as "mini-cam" housings)
As more & more people become acquainted with the underwater world, the more they want to share their experiences with their family and
friends. These are the housings for the enthusiast. They are easy to use, producing great quality shots.
- Support for Sony PC 1,3,5,7,10,110,120, Canon MV20i, Canon MV X1 and Canon MV 4
- Wide-angle lens and dome port combination for improved angle of view underwater.
- The dome port acts as an additional wide-angle converter. It compensates for the greater refractive index under water, which makes objects under water appear 25% closer than they do on land.
- These video cameras have their own LCD monitor that we can take advantage of for underwater use.
- With the door open the housing size is increased only slightly. This does mean extra ballast, but this is more than compensated by the fact you have excellent vision of the footage you are
shooting. Having the LCD screen in the open position does use more battery power, but with a larger battery, we highly recommend it. It makes for easy work for the enthusiast videographer.
- Construction is from transparent and robust acrylic, which allows you to view the workings of your camera, control arm seals and main o-ring seal.
- Stainless steel latches and control arms are used so as to avoid rust or corrosion.
- Each control arm has 2 o-rings to ensure an excellent seal.
- The camera is mounted onto a brass slide tray, stabilized by a clip-in latch for rock-solid stability. The control arms therefore are in always the right place, every time.
- A full range of manual controls including:
record / standby
power on / off
- Option to have dual or single ergonomic, super-soft handles for increased comfort. These are removable for packing.
- Neutral buoyancy (or as you prefer)
- 1-year warranty with excellent back up service.
- Depth tested to 40 meters
"Mini-Cam" Housing Specifications:
- 170 mm long 7 inches
- 350 mm wide (from outside measurement of 2 handled model) 14 inches
- 290 mm wide (from outside measurement of 1 handle model) 11.5 inches
- 180 mm high 7 inches
- Dry weight with ballast (without camera) 5 kg 10 lbs
Popular additional features for the "Mini-Cam" Housings:
- Lighting mounts
- Underwater microphones (if applicable)
- Additional controls (e.g. still image controls)
- Video cable to the surface
- Pelican cases for safe transport and storage